The Qaedon Wars - The Story Begins
A downloadable game
PLEASE NOTE: This is now only available on Steam as it is not cost effective for us to maintain two distribution platforms. Thanks.
Game Trailer with Extended Gameplay (6 minutes)
Abridged Gameplay (3 minutes)
Drawing inspiration from classic turn-based games like Panzer General and blending with the magic and fantasy of Dungeons and Dragons, The Story Begins is the first instalment in The Qaedon Wars saga.
The saga will tell the story of the people of Qaedon's fight to restore their world after the Great Cataclysm. This first episode The Story Begins will see your Hero start at Level 1 and begin the journey towards redemption for his/her world.
We have designed the game engine to be able to scale into future chapters of the saga where your hero and their troops can be imported into the next game. Expect to see your troops at Level 20 by the end of the saga!
However each game will have its own discreet storyline and goals so that players can achieve victory in that particular chapter without playing any of the others.
Loosely based on Dungeons and Dragons Open Game License (OGL) of Wizards of the Coast, The Story Begins provides a deep strategy and roleplaying experience as you build and progress your fantasy army through the single player campaign.
- Choose your hero and protect them throughout. If your hero dies it's game over!
- Multiple battle scenarios, many with random objectives and enemies for increased replayability.
- 50+ hours of game play in Story Mode which allows you to choose which objectives you wish to tackle in a particular Campaign.
- Varying mission types including Attack, Defend, Rescue, Capture, Escort.
- Tactical turn-based battles on hex (overland) or square grids (underground). Battles can last between 30 minutes and 2+ hours.
- Detailed army management between battles where you can improve your
units' skills, get cures or buy new equipment (if you have the cash).
- Hundreds of items for your units to loot.
- Hundreds of spells for your Clerics and Mages to blast the enemy or help your troops.
- Fill your coffers with Qaedi (the global currency) by looting your
enemies and achieving mission objectives to finance your army operations.
- Permanent death for units unless you can afford Resurrection!!
- Dozens of options to customize gameplay.
- Optional advanced rules to completely change the way you play, including Fog of War and Single or Split Movement.
- Customize each unit in your army as they level up through combat experience.
- Dozens of attributes for each unit covering their physical quality, abilities, movement and combat modifiers.
- Equip your units with all manner of goodies using a variable inventory with up to 23 slots per unit.
- Build spellbooks for your spellcasters from two Schools of Magic - Arcane and Divine.
- Send your Warriors into the front line supported by your Archers, Clerics and Mages. Conduct sneak attacks with your Rogues.
- Recruit single or multi class units like the Cleric/Mage.
- Fight Giant Rats (can be quite nasty), Ulmug Orc Warriors (not very nice at all) and scores of other foes.
- Deal with Traps and Persistent Spells like Wall of Flame.
- Detailed In-Game Player Guides (Game Manual, Item Directory, Spell Compendium).
- Help System for every spell, item and ability.
- Customizable Tooltip System.
- ...and so much more!
OS: Windows 7/8/10
Processor: Intel Celeron 1.33 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics or better (min. 1024x768)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: Any
Input: Mouse and keyboard